Tuesday, July 28, 2009

From the sidelines

Supported the Hall Bushrangers again on a Saturday, that despite a pleasant and sunny enough start, quickly dissipated into a cold overcast afternoon. When we arrived at the ground in Woden, we mused over the fact that there seemed to be a whole lot more people here than the last time we were here. Turns out they were there for a clash between 'Aussie Legends' and the Canberra Royals. Anyway, despite not having a scoreboard we're pretty sure that Hall won, despite a gutsy second half from the opposition.

6 comments:

FSS said...

Good one! How are the Bushrangers going on the ladder??

Fiona said...

I have no idea! I'll have to ask Will. As for all the games I've been to, they've won a fair few more than they've lost.

Julie said...

I like this perspective: puts the lads in their place!!

No seriously ... this is a good angle to take the field from.

Fiona said...

Hehe, they're much smaller from a distance! I love going to their matches and getting my bum wet sitting on the grass! I think I got this one just before the lovely light started to disappear.

DelBoy said...

We lost again last weekend, but we at least we put up a fight this time. If you're interested, you can read about it here:
http://foxyurl.com/q6t
I think you have to join the website though...

Fiona said...

That's a bummer...always disappointing to put in a good showing and come up short. Like the team name! Reminds me of an Augie March song, I think there's one about Maroondah on their first album.