Thursday, July 9, 2009

Koko is the new black


For lovers of chocolate, Kokoblack on Bunda Street in the City is probably the ultimate experience, for those with somewhat less of a sweet tooth (myself included) it induces thoughts of disastrous sugar-comas past. Founded in Melbourne in 2003, Kokoblack embodies the style and substance of the European chocolate making it aims to emulate. I didn't have a chocolate breakfast in mind when I stumbled across this place last week, but was just happy that I was able to order a coffee and take refuge from the winter wind. Coffee wasn't spectacular, but the cake plate we ordered was surprisingly good and not as rich as I had feared. I'd stay purely for the old-world, dark-wood, slightly stuffy decor!

6 comments:

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

That chocolate looks wicked! As I'll be going to Canberra later this year, your blog will be helpful.
Cheers.

Fiona said...

The display counter was absolutely amazing, probably ten bazillion calories there!

FSS said...

eeeew did I just lick my computer screen??? :)

Fiona said...

Hahahaha! I just made you lick your computer screen! I win!

Leif Hagen said...

Bring on the sugar coma - I'm in! Delicious photo! AAAAAAAA!

Fiona said...

I can't handle super-rich chocolate, but this stuff was wonderfully subtle, will definitely go again when in need of a good sugar coma!